To advertise on-campus summer jobs or jobs for next academic year, please contact Polar Careers.
To submit a Web Time Entry (WTE) form, please use the link to the right under Student Employment.
Information for Students:
To apply for student employment
1. Complete the Student Employment Application
- Go to www.onu.edu/careers and click on the Polar Careers icon on the lower right side of the webpage.
- Log in as a "Student" using your ONU email address (include "@onu.edu") and User password.
- If you have not logged in previously, reply to the Consent to Release Personal Information
- Next, find the Student Employment Application, save it and complete it.
- Go to the "Resources | Document Library" tab.
- Click on the tag, "Student Employment Application" and "Apply Search".
- Click on the document to open it and save it to your desktop.
- Complete the document and re-save it to your desktop.
2. Upload your completed Student Employment Application.
- Go to the "Documents" tab.
- Click on "Add New" to upload your application.
- Give your application a name ("Label").
- IMPORTANT! Set "Document Type" as "Student Employment Application."
3. If you have worked on campus previously, complete the no-change form in Human Resources (HR).
4. If you have not previously worked on campus, download the forms by clicking the link below. Forms may also be picked up in Polar Careers or HR. Polar Careers is located on the second floor of McIntosh and HR is located in the Lehr Memorial Building, 1st Floor West.
To download the student employment forms to be completed for HR please use: Student Employment Forms
To look for on-campus jobs
Once you upload your Student Employment Application, you can proactively search and apply for student employment jobs by searching job postings on Polar Careers.
- Go to the "Jobs" tab and select "Jobs posted on ONU's site, including campus jobs"
- Set the "Position Type" drop-down menu to "Student Employment" and search!
- When you find a position you like, click the "Apply" button: this will send your application to the supervisor.
- Be sure to note any special instructions about applying for jobs.
* NOTE: You can also contact the hiring manager directly using the contact information on the job posting.
Make job searching easy!
While logged into Polar Careers, create an advanced search and set a Search Agent to report to you any newly posted jobs through your ONU email. (Search Agent emails come from firstname.lastname@example.org).
* Some positions may require additional documents. All additional documents must be reviewed and approved by the Polar Careers staff before being submitted to a hiring manager. Document approvals take time so upload them as soon as possible. It is recommended that you set an appointment to meet with one of the staff professionals to perfect your additional documents before uploading. If you are not on campus, meetings can be conducted by phone or email.