- Assistant Professor, Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH, 2011-present
- Assistant Professor, Hobart and William Smith Colleges, Geneva, NY, 2009-2011
- BS, Chemistry, Juniata College, Huntingdon, PA, 2004
- Ph.D., SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, 2010
- Analytical Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Cycling of sulfur compounds by marine algae
- Spiese, C.E., D.J. Kieber, and R.P. Kiene. Direct DMSO and DMS Production in Marine Algae from DMSP-OH Radical Reaction. Geophys Res Lett. Submitted.
- Spiese, C.E., D.J. Kieber, R.P. Kiene, and C.T. Nomura. 2009. Reduction of dimethylsulfoxide to dimethylsulfide by marine phytoplankton. Limnol. Oceanogr. 54: 560-570.
- Kasai, P.H. and C.E. Spiese. 2004. Interaction between disk lubricants and solvents in the dip-coating process. Tribology Lett. 17: 823-833.
- Spiese, C.E. 2004. A simplified approach to product-operator formalism. J. Chem. Ed. 81: 134-137.