Request an Individual Tutor
Arts and Sciences offers individual tutoring sessions on an as-needed basis. Because this tutoring is offered for Arts and Sciences courses and for the benefit of Arts and Sciences students, either one or both of the following must be true for a student to be eligible to receive individual tutoring.
- The student is enrolled in the Getty College of Arts and Sciences.
- The class is offered through the College of Arts and Sciences.
Note for Pharmacy Students
The College of Pharmacy offers tutoring in all courses (including A&S courses) required for pharmacy majors. For these courses, pharmacy students should refer to the tutoring offered in the Pharmacy Student Tutoring Center rather than request individual tutoring from the College of Arts and Sciences. Obvious exceptions are classes taken in A&S that are not required for the pharmacy major (e.g. a foreign language).
In addition, an eligible student may receive an individual tutor for an Arts and Sciences course only if one or more of the following is true.
- No regularly scheduled tutoring is offered for the course in question. Check the schedule before requesting a tutor.
- The student has already attended the regularly scheduled tutoring sessions and needs additional assistance. Your attendance should be on record in the A&S tutoring logs.
- Due to a class or other university recognized conflict, the student is unable to attend the regularly scheduled tutoring sessions.
- The student has a learning or physical disability requiring additional assistance. This disability should be documented in the Dean’s Office of your college.
- The student is a non-native speaker of English.
- The student is on academic probation.
If you meet basic eligibility and one or more of the additional conditions listed above, complete the form below to request an individual tutor.