International Student Application
Ohio Northern University accepts applications on a rolling basis, which means that you may apply to ONU at any time during the year. Your application will be considered for admission after all necessary documents and credentials are received. Admission decisions are usually made within two or three weeks after all application materials are received. (See the exception below for the Raabe College of Pharmacy.)
If you have questions about applying to Ohio Northern University, please call the Office of International Admissions at 419-772-2483 (outside of the U.S. call 001-419-772-2483.)
Email questions can be sent to email@example.com
How to Apply to Ohio Northern University
Please choose ONE of the following:
I. ONU's Online application
II. Download a paper copy of the application and include it with other supporting documents
- ( PDF of ONU's International Student Application is at the bottom of this page)
In order for your application file to be complete, the following items must be submitted.
- International student application to ONU; apply using the online application.
- Official copy of your high school transcripts
- Official copy of TOEFL or IELTS score or ELS Language Center grades
- Proof of financial responsibility; send signed copy of ONU's Affidavit of Financial Support and supporting documentation.
- Copy of your passport
- Pharmacy applicants should provide references from 2 individuals.
Transfer Students, including post graduates who have already earned a degree.
- All of the above plus the following:
- Official transcripts from any universities or institutions of higher learning that you have attended.
- Pharmacy transfers: It is highly recommended that students who have studied overseas have their transcript evaluated by WES or another accredited evaluation service.
ONU's English Language Requirement for Admission
Admission into your academic program:
TOEFL: minimum score of 79 internet-based (ibt) TOEFL or 550 paper-based TOEFL (pbt)
IELTS: 6.0 (all subscores must be 5.5 or higher)
ELS Language Center: Completion of Level 112
Admission into your academic program and ONU's English Language Bridging Program:
TOEFL: 54-78 ibt or 480-549 pbt
IELTS: 5.0 (all subscores must be 5.0 or higher)
ELS Language Center: Completion of Level 109, 110 or 111
Admission into ONU's Intensive English Language Program (IEP)
ONU's Intensive English Program is for students who intend to study in one of ONU's academic programs but lack the English language requirements to begin academic studies at either the Bridging Level or as full time academic students. Students entering ONU's Intensive English Program must qualify for conditional admission into their academic program at ONU by submitting application materials to the International Admissions office.
Students should show evidence of some familiarity of English language instruction in their credentials to be considered for our program. A TOEFL or IELTS score is not required for admission.
Raabe College of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) application information -
Freshman Application Deadline: December 1, 2012
Transfer Application Deadline: February 1, 2013
A campus visit is highly recommended. International Students may call Ohio Northern's International Admissions Office at 1-419-772-2483 to schedule a visit.
- ONU accepts applications for Pharmacy after June 1 for the following fall semester. All freshman application materials should be received at ONU on or before December 1, 2012.
- University application
- High-school transcripts
- Letter of Reference
- Optional for international students but highly recommended: Aptitude test scores (ACT and/or SAT)
- Once your application file is complete, it will be evaluated in the following three categories: Achievement: high-school record, essay, recommendations; Activities: out-of-classroom interests, including volunteer service and jobs Aptitude: ACT/SAT test score (optional for international students but recommended). TOEFL or IELTS scores.
Documents should be mailed to:
International Admissions Office
Ohio Northern University
525 South Main Street
Ada, OH 45810
|International Student Application.pdf||807.39 KB|
|Affidavit of Financial Support.pdf||30.65 KB|