- Director of Corporate & Alumni Relations and Assistant Professor, Ohio Northern University, 2007-present
- Interim Chair, Mechanical Engineering, Ohio Northern University, 2006-07 academic year
- Interim Chair, Mechanical Engineering, Ohio Northern University, 2002-03 winter, spring and summer quarters
- Director of Cooperative Education and Assistant Professor, Ohio Northern University, 1993-2007
- Design Engineer, GE Aircraft Engines, 1986-1993
- MSAE, Aerospace Engineering, University of Cincinnati, June 1989
- BSME, Mechanical Engineering, Ohio Northern University, May 1986
- Freshman curricula
- Co-op Orientation
- Professional Practice
- Freshman persistence
- K-12 Outreach
- D. Mikesell, L. Laird, "Attracting Youth to Engineering Careers: Ohio Northern University's Approach," ASEE Global Colloquium on Engineering Education, Budapest, Hungary, October 2009
- E. Baumgartner, D. Blubaugh, L. Laird, A. Friedlein, "The Marathon Petroleum/ONU Engineer-in-Residence Program," ASEE North Central Section Conference, Grand Rapids, MI, March 2009
- J. Yoder, D. Sawyers, J. Estell and L. Laird, "Proofreading Exercises to Improve Technical Writing in a Freshman Engineering Course," ASEE Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, June 2006.
- B. Farbrother, L. Laird, L. Grismore, "Pathways and Practice: Ohio Northern University's Approach to Creating "More" and "Better" Engineers," ASEE Regional Conference, Ada, OH, April 2005.