- Associate Professor, Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH, 2008-present
- Assistant Professor, Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH, 2003-2008
- Research Associate, Central Research & Development, E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, Inc., Wilmington, DE, 2002-2003
- Senior Research Chemist, Central Research & Development, E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, Inc., Deepwater, NJ 1990-2002
- BA, Chemistry, Kenyon College, Gambier, OH 1985
- Ph.D., Analytical Chemistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 1990
- General Chemistry
- Instrumental Analysis
- Use of GC-MS in trace analysis
- Use of design of experiments methodology in method development
- Chris Bowers and David Stoker. ACS Central Regional Meeting, Columbus, OH, June 2008. Presented poster: "Use of ATR-FT-IR Spectroscopy in the Characterization of Studio Paints."
- C. Bowers, D. Waddell. PITTCON 2007, Chicago, IL, February 2007. Presented poster: "Improved Glucose Detection via Optimization of a Simple Colorimetric Method."
- C. Bowers, M. Tupps. ACS Central Regional Meeting, Frankenmuth, MI, May 2006. Presented talk: "Use of Gas Chromatography to Illustrate the Basics of Design of Experiments (DOE) Methodology."
- C. Bowers. Midwestern Universities Analytical Chemistry Conference 2005, Oxford, OH, October 2005. Presented talk: "Teaching of Electronics in Instrumental Analysis."
- V. Capka, C. P. Bowers, J. N. Narvesen and R. F. Rossi "Determination of Total Fluorine in Blood at Trace Concentration Levels by the Wickbold Decomposition Method with Direct Potentiometric Determination" Talanta, 64 (2004) 869-878.