Founded in 1871, Ohio Northern University is a private, comprehensive, United Methodist affiliated, Liberal Arts University. ONU is known for its solid educational programs and excellent networking connections with employers.
Ohio Northern University is located in the village of Ada, a small town of 5,000 residents. The safe, scenic, modern campus covers 285 acres where modern facilities and a small town atmosphere provide a unique educational blend that compliments the friendly environment found on campus.
Campus residence hall to be used this summer for the Summer Honors Institute will be the Lima complex with newly renovated rooms/suites. These suites are provided with individually controlled air-conditioning units.
Instructional facilities provide many opportunities for hands-on interactions.
- The Burgett Wing of the Wesley Center Complex houses the philosophy and religion department and contains comfortable classrooms to foster discussion.
- The Wilson Art Center contains classroom studios for sculpture, ceramics, and graphic design as well as traditional and contemporary media and techniques.
- Taft Memorial is home to the department of technological studies. Robotics laboratories and CAD design labs are among the many high tech areas for study.
- Robertson-Evans Pharmacy Building provides laboratories for pharmaceutical and biomedical sciences.
- Meyer Hall houses the departments of biological sciences, chemistry and biochemistry, physics and astronomy, and mathematics.
- Biggs Engineering Building provides the backdrop for electrical, mechanical, and civil engineering studies.
- James F. Dicke Hall, home of the College of Business Administration, has the latest in communication technology for entrepreneurial and business resources.
- Hill Memorial contains the department of history, political science and criminal justice.
- The Freed Center for the Performing Arts features state of the art production support for both large and small theatrical endeavors.
General campus facilities which are available for use by those attending SHI include:
- McIntosh Center, which houses the dining hall and such recreational facilities as a bowling alley and game room. Additional recreational facilities are available in the King Horn - ONU Sports Center, which features a swimming pool, weight room, indoor track, gymnasium and state of the art exercise equipment.
- The Student Health Center provides basic care and is staffed at all times by a registered nurse and a physician who has daily office hours.