What courses do marketing majors take?
Marketing majors begin with business planning core courses and work their way through the required marketing courses. Required courses are:
- Marketing Research (MRKT 3341)
- Consumer Behavior (MRKT 3521)
- Product Development (MRKT 3631)
- Sales & Customer Relationship Mgmt. (MRKT 4711)
- Supply Chain Management (MRKT 4731)
- Management Electives-2 Courses
- Electives***-TBD (Electives must be approved by an Academic Advisor and satisfy the General Education Learning Outcomes Guidelines)
Do I need an internship?
Yes, majors are required to complete a four-credit-hour internship during their junior or senior year. An internship is an excellent opportunity to put classroom skills to the test and open doors to a potential career.
How can I get involved as a marketing major?
Marketing majors are valuable additions to any student group or club. Join the ONU chapter of the American Marketing Association (AMA), which is open to majors and non-majors, and gain industry knowledge and insight. Every year, AMA travels to a major U.S. city to compete in the International Collegiate Conference. Visit the ONU AMA Chapter Website. Another option is Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE), a global non-profit organization with chapters around the world. SIFE helps students develop leadership, teamwork and communication skills by learning, practicing and teaching the principles of free enterprise. The James F. Dicke College of Business Administration also offers membership in Alpha Mu Alpha, an honor society that promotes the advancement of excellence in the field of marketing. Members must meet certain academic requirements and be nominated by a faculty advisor.