Dr. Gentry is the founder of Gentry Medical Communications and has expertise with a variety of media (printed, web based, television, symposia) in advisory boards, continuing medical education, drug information, medical writing, and formularies. She also has extensive experience in development and implementation of advisory boards, medical education, formularies and Drug Utilization Evaluation programs for industry, hospital, retail pharmacy, managed health care (regional and national accounts), and government (Ohio Medicaid). Dr. Gentry conceived and serves as the advisor for The Pharmacy and Wellness (PAW) Review.
Gentry Medical Communications
Medical writing and communications
Ohio Department of Jobs & Family Services
Medical Advisor for DUR and P&T Committees
Chair, ADHD Subcommittee of State QA Committee
Riverside Methodist Hospitals
Clinical Specialist Drug Information\ Drug Usage Evaluation
Gerbig, Snell, Weisheimer & Associates
Senior Medical Information Specialist
University of Illinois Hospital
Clinical Specialist Drug Information
Chicago, IL 60612
Aetna Pharmacy Management (Managed Care)
Clinical Pharmacy Administrator
- B.S.Pharm., Clinical Option, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Doctor of Pharmacy, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID
Drug Information and Medical Literature evaluation
- Janssen Pharmaceutica
Managed Care Advisory Board
- Bristol-Meyers Squibb
Managed Care Advisory Board
Cardiovascular Advisory Board
- American Medical Writers Association
- Academy of Managed Care Pharmacists
o Moderator at National Meetings
- Priorities '95 - Environmental initiative to rank issues for government officials Technical Advisory Committee Appointment by the Mayor of Columbus, OH
- American Academy of Consultant Pharmacists
- Central Ohio Society of Health-system Pharmacists
- Chair - Professional Affairs Committee
- Ohio Society of Health-system Pharmacists
o State Delegate
- American Society of Health-system Pharmacists
- Treatment of Intractable Pain Guidelines. Ohio Dept. of Job Family Services. 2001
- Headache Treatment Guidelines. Ohio Dept. of Job Family Services. 2001
- Ohio DUR Newsletters. All newsletters published between 1998-2001.
o Newsletters may be accessed on ODJFS Website- Dept. of Plan Operations, DUR. www.state.oh.us/odjfs/ohp/bpo/dur/phases.stm#newsletters.
- Adult Asthma Treatment Guidelines. Ohio Dept. of Job Family Services. 1998
- Pediatric Asthma Treatment Guidelines. Ohio Dept. of Job Family Services. 1998
- Smoking Cessation Treatment Guidelines. Ohio Dept. of Job Family Services. 2000
- Gentry AF, Sherrin TP. Cost-effective practice guidelines result in continuous quality improvement. Hospital Pharmacy Cost Containment 1991;9:1-2.
- Gentry AF, Fudge KA, Sherrin TP, et al. Heparin vs. saline catheter flush: The debate continues. Hospital Formulary 1991; 26:599.
- Gentry AF, Fudge KA, Bosh TK, et al. A novel comprehensive DUE program, 5 years of experience. Top Hosp Pharm Management. 1991;11:18-3 (Invited Author)
- Fudge KA, Gentry AF, Sherrin TP. Plasma volume expanders. Dupont Cost Containment Newsletter. 90;12.
- Emery ME, Gentry AF. The medicinal leech. Dupont Cost Containment Newsletter. Sept 1989.
- Gentry AF, Davis LR, Millikan MD. Audit of lidocaine leads to improvements in its usage. Drug Util Rev. 1988;4:14-45.
- Lee M, Gentry AF, Bowman JT. Tartrazine containing drugs. Drug Intel Clin Pharm. 1981;15:782-788.
- Improving Patient Safety and Clinician Workflow in the Palm of Your Hand
Webcast and enduring CME materials
- Current Strategies for Treatment of Bipolar Disorder (Slide Presentation)
- Special Considerations for Individualizing Therapy (Slide Presentation)
National Consultant Meetings
- Multiple Competitive Landscape Backgrounders
- Understanding Obesity, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome & Diabetes
- Understanding Bipolar II and Bipolar Depression
- Long Term Care Training Manual
- Tequin Learning Modules
- Macrolide Resistance/ CME
University of Texas
Unrestricted grant by Abbott Labs
- Cialis Health Care Professional e-learning modules
- Xigris e-learning modules
- Current Strategies in generic drug selection. Washington DC, New York and Dallas. 2008.
- State Medicaid Drug Utilization Review Program. Ohio State Pharmacists Association Annual Convention. Columbus, OH, 2000
- Long-term Care utilization of atypical antipsychotics. Presented to all LTC DUR pharmacists in Ohio. Columbus, OH, 2000
- State Medicaid Drug Utilization Review Program. Ohio Dental Association Annual Convention. Columbus, OH 1999
- Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy, Formulary Issues, Round Table Discussion Moderator, Seattle, WA 1997.
- Utilizing critical pathways to control costs through formulary management. Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy, Annual meeting. San Francisco 1996.
- The use of therapeutic equivalents to capitate costs of clinical guidelines. Pfizer Pharmaceuticals Regional Meeting. Chicago, IL. 1993.
- Clinical outcomes of intravenous ciprofloxacin monotherapy (DUR). ASHP Clinical Midyear, Orlando, FL. 1992.
- Intrapleural doxycycline for treatment of pleural effusion (DUR). ASHP Clinical Midyear, Orlando, FL. 1992.
- Intermittent IV lock flush comparison: heparin vs. 0.9% Sodium Chloride (DUR). ASHP Clinical Midyear Convention, Las Vegas, NV
- Implementing an ASHP Criteria-based Quality Assurance monitoring system. ASHP Clinical Midyear Convention, Atlanta, GA 1987.
- Development of a Department of Pharmacy Services Quality Assurance Program. ASHP Clinical Midyear Convention, Las Vegas, NV 1986.
- JCAH Criteria-based Nursing Liaison Quality Assurance Program. ASHP Clinical Midyear Convention, Las Vegas, NV 1986.
- Lidocaine - A Drug Utilization Review. ASHP Clinical Midyear Convention, New Orleans, LA 1985.
- Cimetidine - A Drug Utilization Review. ASHP Clinical Midyear Convention, Atlanta, GA 1983.