- General Guidelines
- A student cannot begin work until they have been authorized by the Office of Financial Aid AND the Office of Human Resources.
- The supervisor is responsible for making sure the student is employed with a meaningful job.
- There are no comp, snow, sick or vacation days and no overtime for students.
- The supervisor is accountable for hours worked and ensuring that a student is not working during class time.
- Students must be supervised, and students may not supervise other students.
- Students must work during department or office hours. Work cannot be done from campus dorm or home.
- Supervisors must monitor in conjunction with the student, that they do not go over their work-study allocation. This information is provided to the supervisors on a monthly basis by the Office of Financial Aid. Any student earning over their awards may be charged to their department budget. Students exceeding work-study amounts may have other funds reduced. The Office of Financial Aid will make adjustments as necessary to assure federal compliance.
- In the event that the primary supervisor is not available, there must be a back-up person who will fill in during the absence of the supervisor. This should be someone who can verify the hours a student has worked. This back-up person should also be authorized as the primary supervisor's proxy for Web time entry.
Students cannot work more than their maximum hours per week as indicated on their authorization forms. This policy will be strictly enforced by your supervisor.
Connect with ONU: