All transcripts issued, up to three (3) per day, are free. Normal processing takes two to five days after the request is received; however, we make every effort to reduce this time as much as possible. All transcripts are dated, official and sent via the U.S. Postal Service unless arrangements are made for "For Fee Services". Transcripts sent to the student, or any relative or "friend" will be marked as "issued to student."
Currently enrolled students are expected to request official transcripts via Self-Service Banner (the ONU Portal). Directions are as follows: Access Self-Service Banner->Student Services->Student Records->Request Printed Official Transcript
Alumni who have graduated since 1994 can contact the Department of Information Technology (419-772-1111) to obtain an ONU username and password, allowing transcripts to be ordered 24/7 on the Web via Self-Service Banner.
Former students and alumni with a ONU username and password can request a transcript on the web via Self-Service Banner or send the attached Transcript Request Form via mail or fax.
All financial encumbrances to the University must be satisfied before a transcript can be released.
Questions regarding financial encumbrances should be addressed to the Bursar’s Office 419-772-2010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your transcript request must include:
- Your full name, DOB and ONU ID#(if known), as well as any previous names
- The name of the individual to whom the transcript is to be sent
- The complete address to which you want the transcript(s) sent
- The number of transcripts to be sent
- Your current address and telephone number
- Dates attended and degree earned
- Your written signature is required
- E-mail requests must have a transcript request attached.
All correspondence must include the student's name and either DOB or ONU ID#.
Fax requests: Acceptable only for former students, alumni, or current students on rotation or co-op (not on campus), faxed to 419-772-2627.
Fax requests will not receive priority processing unless "For Fee Services" are requested and payment of fees is accomplished.
In addition to the above information a request for ONU to fax a transcript, a "For Fee Service", must include:
- The fax number of the recipient
- The regular telephone number of the person who is to receive the transcript, and
- The requestor must verify that the fax document was received by the proper person/office and was legible. If the transcript was not properly received, the requestor must contact this office within 24 hours of the fax transmission to arrange for re-transmission of the transcript to the same fax number at no additional charge. Otherwise such a request will be considered a new request and subject to all charges applicable to the original request.
Federal Express and UPS do not deliver directly to the Office of the Registrar. They provide service in the form of "drop off one day and pick up the next day." They do not wait for processing.
For Fee Services
- Priority processing (same day), sent by regular U.S. Mail, requires the prepayment of the $20 special handling fee.
- Request to be sent via Express U.S. Mail requires either:
- the inclusion, with the request for transcript, of a prepaid overnight mailer from the U.S. Postal Service, or
- prepayment of the USPS charge for an overnight mailer and the $20 special handling Fee.
- Fax transmission of transcripts, with the normal processing, requires the prepayment of the $20 Special Handling fee.
- A "same day" fax transmission of transcripts requires the prepayment of a $40 fee ($20 fax fee and $20 special handling fee).
- More than three transcripts requested on one day have a charge of $20 per copy.
To pay for "For Fee Services" requested via U.S. Mail, enclose credit card information (same as below).
To pay for 'For Fee Services' include in the fax request:
The name of the credit card (Master, Visa, Discover)
The amount to charge
The credit card number
The expiration date on the card,
The name as it appears on the credit-card
Note: ONU will process the credit card transaction and receive authorization from the credit card issuer before 'For Fee Services' will be provided. The requestor is responsible to verify that the credit card has sufficient credit available.