To advertise on-campus summer jobs or jobs for next academic year, please contact Polar Careers.
To submit a Web Time Entry (WTE) form, please use the link to the right under Student Employment.
Instructions for Students:
To apply for student employment, students must complete a Student Employment Application, have it approved (notification will be sent in 1-2 work days) then log in and APPLY for jobs of interest. Students will NOT be considered for student employment until this process is completed.
1. Complete the Student Employment Application
- Go to www.onu.edu/careers and click on the Polar Careers icon on the lower right side of the webpage.
- Log in as a "Student" using your ONU email address (include "@onu.edu") and User password.
- If you have not logged in previously, reply to the Consent to Release Personal Information
- Next, follow the steps below to save and complete the required Student Employment Application.
- Go to the "Resources | Document Library" tab.
- Click on the tag, "Student Employment Application" and "Apply Search".
- Click on the document to open it and save it to your desktop.
- Complete the document and re-save it to your desktop.
2. Upload your completed Student Employment Application.
- Go to the "Documents" tab.
- Cick on "Add New" to upload your application.
- Give your application a name ("Label").
- IMPORTANT! Set "Document Type" as "Student Employment Application."
- You will receive an email notification when your application has been approved. Then, you can log into Polar Careers again and start applying for jobs.
3. Look for on-campus jobs.
Once you upload your Student Employment Application and it is approved, you can proactively search and APPLY for student employment jobs by searching job postings in Polar Careers.
- Go to the "jobs" tab and select "Jobs posted on ONU's site (including campus jobs)".
- Set the "Position Typed" drop-down menu to "Student Employment" and search!
- When you find a position you like, click the "APPLY" button: this wil send your application to the hiring manager.
- Be sure to note any special instructions about applying for each job.
4. Set up a Search Agent.
- Make job searching easy! While logged into Polar Careers, create an advanced search and set a Search Agent to report to you any newly posted jobs through your ONU email. (Search Agent emails come from email@example.com).
5. Complete federally-required documents with the Office of Human Resources PRIOR to starting work.
- NOTE! All students must complete federally-required documents and submit them to the Office of Human Resources prior to your first day of work at the university.
- Once the supervisor notifies the Office of Human Resources (HR) of his/her intent to hire you, HR will send a confirmation email to you and your supervisor that includes information about the required employment documents.
- If you are NOT notified by the Office of Human Resources BEFORE your first day of work, notify your supervisor.
- The required forms are available in the Office of Human Resources, located on the first floor of Lehr Memorial building.